Monday, February 20, 2012

Valentine love and no More Comps Love...

Well, it has been 13 days since my last post! Little life update - I am done with my comprehensive exams for my Master's degree and since that day, I have been lazy, lazy, lazy... Seriously, I had to force myself to sit down and even write this post. I don't understand why I am so out of it, but I can't get back into the groove of things. Other than my post-exam comatose, I am doing wonderful. The relief of being done with this test, is more than I can even express. Now, I am just awaiting the results. 

As my previous posts have told you, my exams fell on Valentines day! Which meant, that my Valentine and I did not get to celebrate with the rest of the world. Not only was I locked in a computer lab for 8 hours, but my Valentine is a member of a singing group called "Wild and Sweet," so he delivered singing telegrams from 8am to 9pm. How cute are they? However, that night we all got to meet for a Valentine dinner at Primo's in Moore, and here they are singing to our waitresses. Sorry for the quality - it was dark and filmed on my phone. My Valentine is the one you can't see the whole time.. haha!  


Yes, they are too cute and they sang to 21 people on Valentines day! Shameless plug - If you are in the Oklahoma area, they would love to come sing for events, church services, etc.


With all of that being said, my Valentine and I celebrated V-day on the 17th! Around 10am that morning, he showed up to cook a V-day breakfast for me! He is a North Carolinian boy, so his parents sent him some country ham and that is what he made. We had biscuits, country ham (which believe me, it is very different from Oklahoma ham), fruit, eggs, and juice. So sweet! 


The that night, we did something that seems so silly, but we have wanted to do it for almost two years now - walk the OKC underground tunnels. Every time we went to try, they were closed. But not this time, we just went and walked around and talked (honestly, what is better than that?)


Then we went to dinner at the Wedge. The Wedge is a little pizza place in OKC. It is one of our favorite restaurants in the city, so we go anytime we have an excuse. They have two locations: one on Western and the other Downtown. We went to the downtown location to check it out. It is actually really cool, so if you haven't tried it, you should. While we were there, we took a couple snap shots of ourselves :)


 Isn't he handsome! 




We had a wonderful "Valentines Day!" I'm sure I have bored you to death with my little sappy story, but who better to share with than you!

I can't wait to get back into the swing of things with this little blog!



3 comments:

  1. SLUT! The underground was totally OUR THING! Like 5 years ago...that we never talked about since then... and we were scared to go by ourselves...but STILL! You better go back with me! lol Sounds like you guys had fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!!! I know, I know!! We seriously need to go - lets double date it up :)

      Delete
  2. I love this! Especially the shameless plugs... :) I want to go underground! I've never been. Sounds like something Steffan would love, too:) Also...country ham...sick!

    ReplyDelete